Here's a look at What's for Dinner October 13, 2016:
Spicy Chicken Quesadilla by Gundersen Health System
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- ½ cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterrey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
Drain and rinse canned beans under running water. Place ¼ cup into a medium bowl. Reserve remaining beans for another time. Thaw corn and chop jalapeno peppers, enough for 1 ½ Tbsp. and add to bowl with beans.
Add chicken and salsa to bowl with beans. Mix well. Divide chicken mixture evenly onto 4 tortillas, top with cheese and another tortilla.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add the quesadilla to pan and cook 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from pan, repeat with remaining quesadillas. Serve with sour cream.