Here's a look at What's For Dinner on September 13, 2016:
Mediterranean Chicken byGundersen Health System
- 1 small lemon
- 1 3/4 cup kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 (14.5 oz) can whole tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 lbs)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh parsley
1. Grate rind and squeeze juice from lemon. Place rind in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Remove olive pits; cut olives in half. Drain capers. Coarsely chop onion. Drain and chop tomatoes. Combine juice, olives, capers, onion, and tomatoes in slow cooker.
2. Remove skin from chicken; sprinkle chicken with pepper. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Place half of chicken in pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Place chicken in slow cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is done.
3. Place cooked chicken thighs on plates. Stir reserved lemon rind into sauce remaining in slow cooker. Serve sauce over chicken. Optional: Chop rosemary and parsley; sprinkle over chicken.
Makes six servings.
Recipe found at: Gundersen Health System