Steak Fajitas-Gundersen Lutheran 500 Club
Makes 6 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: large skillet, cutting board, chef knife Do right away when you get home: Preheat grill
2 lb. beef flank steak
2/3 cup Kikkoman
Lime Ponzu Juice of 1 lime
1 large red pepper
1 large green pepper
1 medium onion
1 Tbs. canola oil
2 cloves garlic
Whole wheat flour tortillas
1. In a large plastic, zip-lock bag, combine ingredients. Seal well and turn over several times to blend. Refrigerate.
2. Cut vegetables into ¼ inch thick strips.
3. In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Mince garlic and sauté in oil until fragrant. Add peppers and onion. Sauté until tender.
4. Grill flank steak to desired doneness. Slice and serve with tortillas and vegetables. Garnish with cilantro, sour cream and salsa. Whole wheat hamburger buns Lettuce leaves Tomato slices
5. Grill burgers over medium-high heat or over medium-hot coals for 3-5 minutes or until done. Serve with sauce on whole wheat bun with lettuce and tomato.
Side items: Orange slices
Tip: Dried herbs can be used in place of fresh. 1 Tbsp. of fresh = 1 tsp. dried
Shopping list: 2 lb. beef flank steak Kikkoman Lime Ponzu 1 lime 1 large red pepper 1 large green pepper 1 onion Cilantro Sour Cream Salsa Whole wheat tortillas Oranges (1 per person)
Check for: Canola oil Garlic
Copyright 2013 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.