Garden Quiche-Gundersen Lutheran 500 Club
Crustless Garden Quiche
Makes 10 servings
Getting started Equipment you will need: mixing bowl, large non-stick skillet, 12x 8 or 12x9 casserole dish Preheat oven to: 400 degrees
1 ½ cup egg substitute
¾ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
¾ cup low-fat Monterey jack cheese
1 (16 oz.) carton of low-fat cottage cheese
½ cup skim milk
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 medium zucchini
1 medium onion
1 red bell pepper
½ cup fresh parsley
1. Crack eggs into large mixing bowl. Add egg substitute and beat together. Add cheese, milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
2. Chop all vegetables into desired sizes.
3. Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add zucchini, onion and pepper to skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add sautéed vegetables to egg mixture along with chopped fresh parsley. 2 medium tomatoes ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese ½ cup low-fat Monterey jack cheese
4. Slice tomatoes, set aside.
5. Pour mixture into casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese. Arrange tomato slices over cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce
oven temperature to 350° (do not remove dish from oven), and bake 35 minutes more, until lightly browned and set
Suggested side items: fresh fruit salad, mixed berries
Tip: This recipe allows you to use any vegetables you prefer. Experiment with your favorites. Shopping list: 12 oz. egg substitute 1 ¼ cup Low-fat cheddar cheese 1 ¼ cup Low-fat Monterey jack cheese 1 (16 oz.) carton low-fat cottage cheese 2 medium zucchini 1 medium onion 1 red bell pepper ½ cup fresh parsley 2 medium tomatoes
Check for: 3 Eggs Skim milk Cooking spray All-purpose flour Baking powder Salt
Other items needed:
Copyright 2013 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.