Customer "May I have an Egg McMuffin?" Breakfast on the go is easier than ever. But can you make healthy choices without sacrificing taste? Consumer Reports graded the nutrition of 106 egg sandwiches sold by fast-food restaurants like Burger King, Dunkin' Donuts, McDonald's, Starbuck's, and Subway. "As far as nutrition goes, just six out of the 106 sandwiches rated very good." What about taste? Consumer Reports' trained taste testers went undercover. … to at least three different locations of each chain … … tasting some of the more nutritious sandwiches. Adam Kaplan "Could I get four Turkey Bacon and White Cheddar Classic Breakfast Sandwiches?" Of the seven sandwiches tasted, Starbucks Turkey Bacon and White Cheddar Classic Breakfast Sandwich was just so-so. Maxine Siegel "I found the egg a little low flavor, and the bacon is salty and smoky. I'm not getting, really, any meat flavor." Equally marginal - Dunkin' Donuts Egg White Turkey Sausage Wake-Up Wrap. Testers described it as teeny-tiny - with eggs that were not flavorful. So which morning pit stop will get you a tasty, nutritious egg sandwich? Subway! Its Egg White and Cheese on Flatbread is the only sandwich Consumer Reports rated very good for taste. Testers found the egg whites flavorful and the toasted flatbread tender. Erin Gudeux "It's worth noting that, with all the sandwiches, the quality varied from location to location." And, Consumer Reports says, don't let your egg sandwich sit for long because as the sandwich cools, so does the taste. ."
National And World News
- Stocks: 5 things to know before the open
- 'Suicide tourism' to Switzerland has doubled
- Airline profits up in first half of 2014
- Official: U.S. Foley rescue attempt failed
- 'Obama third term' label could hurt Hilary Clinton
- Ferguson prosecutor to Missouri governor: 'Man up'
- Obama and Holder hone messages on race issues
- Grand jury to 'thoroughly' mull Ferguson case
- Argentina has had it with U.S. bond laws