LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new hockey arena is in the works for kids in the La Crosse area.
The La Crosse Area Youth Hockey Association hopes to build on the old Trane site near the intersection of Lang Drive and Saint Andrew Street. Initial plans for the arena include three rinks, making room for hockey, ice skating, and curling.
Officials with the nonprofit say the arena would be open year-round, offering various sports clinics during the out-of-season months.
"When we've got young people having to take their kids all the way to Milwaukee or all the way to Minneapolis for hockey school, that's another impediment on creating the hockey environment in the Coulee Region,” said La Crosse Area Youth Hockey Association President Carl Miller.
The plan is still in very early stages. The nonprofit is working to raise money to buy the lot and build the facility.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse