LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new hockey arena is in the works for kids in the La Crosse area.
The La Crosse Area Youth Hockey Association hopes to build on the old Trane site near the intersection of Lang Drive and Saint Andrew Street. Initial plans for the arena include three rinks, making room for hockey, ice skating, and curling.
Officials with the nonprofit say the arena would be open year-round, offering various sports clinics during the out-of-season months.
"When we've got young people having to take their kids all the way to Milwaukee or all the way to Minneapolis for hockey school, that's another impediment on creating the hockey environment in the Coulee Region,” said La Crosse Area Youth Hockey Association President Carl Miller.
The plan is still in very early stages. The nonprofit is working to raise money to buy the lot and build the facility.
- House GOP abruptly pulls troubled health care bill
- Suspect identified in quadruple Wisconsin shooting
- La Crosse Central student saves choking friend
- Walker calls for House vote on health care bill
- Walker, Scott place friendly bet on Wisconsin-Florida game
- Wisconsin lawmakers target lawmaking to lobbying path
- Muslim civil rights group calls on public to fight bigotry
- Mayo helps reunite boy battling cancer with lost teddy bear
- Man charged with leaving crash scene where friend died
- Police find 2 bodies in central Iowa home