LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new hockey arena is in the works for kids in the La Crosse area.
The La Crosse Area Youth Hockey Association hopes to build on the old Trane site near the intersection of Lang Drive and Saint Andrew Street. Initial plans for the arena include three rinks, making room for hockey, ice skating, and curling.
Officials with the nonprofit say the arena would be open year-round, offering various sports clinics during the out-of-season months.
"When we've got young people having to take their kids all the way to Milwaukee or all the way to Minneapolis for hockey school, that's another impediment on creating the hockey environment in the Coulee Region,” said La Crosse Area Youth Hockey Association President Carl Miller.
The plan is still in very early stages. The nonprofit is working to raise money to buy the lot and build the facility.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- Mayo Clinic Health System making switch to Epic medical record software
- La Crosse's Losey Boulevard speed limit reduced to 25
- Koenig, Thomas find NBA homes
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Walker to promote Wisconsin cheese in statewide tour
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off