LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new hotel is officially open for business in La Crosse.
The Gundersen Hotel and Suites welcomed its first guests Tuesday afternoon.
Despite the name and the location next to Gundersen Health System, the hotel is not owned or operated by Gundersen, but does work closely with the hospital.
That includes a lower-level concourse connecting the hotel to Gundersen's Founders Building and shuttles running to and from the hospital.
Even though the two have a close working relationship, the hotel isn't just limited to those with family in the hospital.
"We're highly focused on Gundersen because that's kind of what we're here for, however, we are open to the public and anybody is welcome and everyone gets treated the same," said General Manager Gretchen Henchen.
The hotel has 67 rooms in total, including 16 long-stay suites with full kitchens. Managers say they'll set aside some of the rooms when possible for families of patients in the hospital.
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record
- La Crosse Valley View Mall to open early on Black Friday
- US agency withdraws rule aimed at protecting animal farmers
- 2 plead guilty to bringing teens to Iowa for prostitution
- Abducted Wisconsin girl safe after chase ends in Indiana
- Roundy's recalls chili, soup; possible plastic contamination