NEILLSVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Neillsville snowboarder Daina Shilts has captured a gold medal for Team USA in her first event at the Special Olympics World Winter Games in Austria.
Special Olympics Wisconsin says Shilts won the Advanced Women's Super G competition Saturday and had the fastest race time of any snowboarder, male or female.
WAOW-TV says Shilts will compete again in the slalom on Thursday.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law