NEILLSVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Neillsville snowboarder Daina Shilts has captured a gold medal for Team USA in her first event at the Special Olympics World Winter Games in Austria.
Special Olympics Wisconsin says Shilts won the Advanced Women's Super G competition Saturday and had the fastest race time of any snowboarder, male or female.
WAOW-TV says Shilts will compete again in the slalom on Thursday.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp