NEILLSVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Neillsville snowboarder Daina Shilts has captured a gold medal for Team USA in her first event at the Special Olympics World Winter Games in Austria.
Special Olympics Wisconsin says Shilts won the Advanced Women's Super G competition Saturday and had the fastest race time of any snowboarder, male or female.
WAOW-TV says Shilts will compete again in the slalom on Thursday.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather