WINONA, Minn. - Winona police are investigating the death of a person found in the storage compartment of a rented recreational vehicle.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says a group rented an RV from a private business in the City of Anoka. While traveling south, they pulled off the freeway in the City of Winona shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday to try to figure out where an odor was coming from. That's when they found a body in a storage compartment of the RV accessible only from the outside, according to the Sherriff's Office.
The body has been taken to Mayo Clinic for an autopsy and formal identification, according to Winona police. At this time, the cause of death is not known.
The Winona Police Department is investigating this incident with the help of the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Anoka County Sheriff's Office.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration