WINONA, Minn. - Winona police are investigating the death of a person found in the storage compartment of a rented recreational vehicle.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says a group rented an RV from a private business in the City of Anoka. While traveling south, they pulled off the freeway in the City of Winona shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday to try to figure out where an odor was coming from. That's when they found a body in a storage compartment of the RV accessible only from the outside, according to the Sherriff's Office.
The body has been taken to Mayo Clinic for an autopsy and formal identification, according to Winona police. At this time, the cause of death is not known.
The Winona Police Department is investigating this incident with the help of the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Anoka County Sheriff's Office.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota