WINONA, Minn. - Winona police are investigating the death of a person found in the storage compartment of a rented recreational vehicle.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says a group rented an RV from a private business in the City of Anoka. While traveling south, they pulled off the freeway in the City of Winona shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday to try to figure out where an odor was coming from. That's when they found a body in a storage compartment of the RV accessible only from the outside, according to the Sherriff's Office.
The body has been taken to Mayo Clinic for an autopsy and formal identification, according to Winona police. At this time, the cause of death is not known.
The Winona Police Department is investigating this incident with the help of the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Anoka County Sheriff's Office.
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom
- Taste of Trempealeau event raises money for public library
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments