Morrie's Automotive Group, out of Minneapolis, is purchasing Bob Burg Auto in La Crosse.
The acquisition is expected to close in September and will introduce Morrie's Automotive Group to La Crosse and add Volkswagen and Audi to Morrie's brand lineup.
Morrie's has a dealership in Chippewa Falls. “We are very excited to increase our presence in Wisconsin. Having grown up 20-minutes from La Crosse I know the area well and it holds a special place in my heart. I look forward to re-connecting with this great community and introducing it to our Buy Happy philosophy,” said Karl Schmidt, CEO of Morrie’s Automotive Group.
Morrie’s plans to expand the strong foundation Bob Burg built in the La Crosse area. “Bob Burg has established a solid reputation in this community which we plan to uphold while further enhancing the vehicle ownership experience in the area,” said Schmidt. Following the acquisition, Morrie’s plans to retain all employees currently employed by Bob Burg Auto and supplement with additional staff to account for increased sales targets. Planned growth will provide additional development opportunities for existing staff and will bring new jobs and a new dealership facility to the area.
Bob Burg Auto was started in downtown La Crosse in 1966 by the late R.A. Burg and since his death in 1988 has been owned and operated by Bob Burg, his son. It currently has 19 employees and has been a VW and AUDI dealership since 1990. Previously it was also an Oldsmobile, Cadillac and Isuzu dealership. Burg said "our success is principally attributable to our great managers and our long-term dedicated and talented team who are committed to exceeding our customers' expectations. Our employees will continue that tradition going forward with the benefit of Morrie’s industry leading support".
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record