" Dreaming of a vacation on a sunny beach or a ski trip to the Rockies? The
right travel card can help get you there. But which give the best "award
travel" and "great travel deals"?
Consumer Reports Money Adviser's Amanda Walker did some digging.
Consumer Reports Money Adviser
"You can choose either an airline card or a bank card. Which type is best for
you depends on what kind of traveler you are."
Choose an airline card if you travel a lot on one particular airline.
"Airline cards are also good if you want a free trip fast. While they're not
usually as generous with rewards as bank cards, you can sometimes score a
bonus as high as 50,000 points when you sign up."
Some good airline cards are Delta SkyMiles American Express Gold …
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Visa … and US Airways Dividend Miles
Premier World MasterCard.
For every dollar spent with the airline, you get two miles or two points.
"If you don't fly a particular airline, a bank card is the way to go. They let
you earn rewards on the purchases you make, then use them to buy tickets
on any airline."
Consumer Reports says another plus - bank cards are not subject to
blackout dates and points don't generally expire.
Some good bank cards - the American Express Premier Rewards Gold
… the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa or MasterCard … and the PenFed
Premium Travel Rewards American Express. A real benefit with all three -
there's no annual fee the first year.
Choose a travel card wisely, and a great vacation could well be within reach. ."
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather