To be a Top Pick, the vehicle also has to be reliable because you don't want to spend
time taking your vehicle to the shop, which can cost you. And the vehicles have to
perform well if they have gone through industry or government crash tests.
Toyota is back this year. Out of the 10 Top Picks, Toyota took five of them. Among them
is the Toyota Camry Hybrid, this year's Top Pick for Family Sedan. It's engaging to
drive, gets an impressive 38 miles per gallon, and has a nice plush interior.
In the Family SUV category, the Toyota Highlander is the Top Pick. And the Toyota
Prius is the Top Pick Green Car. The two other Toyotas that Consumer Reports named
Top Picks are the Toyota RAV4 for Small SUV and the Toyota Sienna for Family
In the past few years Toyota had a lot of recalls, but Consumer Reports' reliability data
has found they are back on track with excellent reliability.
Ford and Chevy each got a top spot. The Chevrolet Avalanche is the 2012 Top Pick for
Pickup Truck. And the Ford Mustang muscled its way to the Top Pick Sporty Car. And
unlike others in its class, it's comfortable and gets pretty good fuel economy.
Complete Ratings and recommendations on all kinds of products, including appliances,
cars & trucks, and electronic gear, are available on Consumer Reports' website.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration