Customers at this local sporting goods store come back again and again.
"They're amazing here. They're great!"
To see which sports stores earn high scores with customers, Consumer
Reports surveyed more than 26-thousand readers.
"We asked readers what mattered most. Things like selection, service, and
Among the stores rated - big names like Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports
Authority, as well as Walmart … Kmart … Sam's Club … Costco … and
Target. Readers weighed in on independent stores, too.
The most popular stores to shop at were Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports
Authority. But that doesn't mean they're a home run.
Tod Marks, When it came to value, when it came to selection, when it came to the
knowledge and the helpfulness of the service, it was kind of middle of the
Walmart, Kmart, and Sam's Club scored even lower for service and
Costco's warehouse stores -known for great value and quality - rated well
in those areas. But, no surprise, the survey found selection is limited and
Outdoor stores like REI and L.L.Bean rated high for things like value,
service, and quality."
"Consumer Reports says your best bet - independent stores. (SOT: Tod Marks)
"88 percent of readers were highly satisfied with their experiences at local
independent sporting goods stores, at pro shops."
So the next time you're in the market for some sports gear, you might want
to give your local store a try."
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers