" Subway has long promoted its foot-long sandwiches. So when customers
caught the company serving up shorter sandwiches, they took their
complaints to Facebook, grabbing media attention and even outraging
The Colbert Report
"We have been five-dollar footwronged!"
Consumer Reports' Tod Marks says that's not the only product that's
The Allergy Luxe Premium Bed Bug Mattress Protector says it provides
"luxurious fabric protection against bed bugs, dust mites & allergens."
Tod Marks Consumer Reports
"But if you turn the package over and read the fine print at the bottom,
it says 'the manufacturer makes no claim that this product will prevent
or inhibit human exposure to insects, allergens, mold or other microbial
This packaging for the Cuddly Sherpa Throw shows cute lambs. But look
closer! This throw is made from "100% polyester."
Looking for products "made in America" can be confusing as well.
"Just because you see a symbol like an American flag doesn't mean it was
American-made at all."
The American Glove Company says "We Glove The USA." But look below
- made in Vietnam! And you'd think these dish towels made by American
Mills were also manufactured in the U-S. Wrong! They're made in China.
Unfortunately, confusing words and images aren't necessarily forbidden
by the Federal Trade Commission - responsible for monitoring deceptive
"What would a reasonable consumer think, they ask. And even there it's not
That means reading labels closely is a good habit to get into.."
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says