Beats by Dr. Dre has celebrities like Gwen Stefani and Kanye West touting its headphones. Lady Gaga even designs for the brand … ("…Heartbeats by Lady Gaga." MUSIC) And they're being worn by Consumer Reports testers - to be evaluated, that is. They also evaluated headphones from traditional big names like Bose, Sony, and Panasonic. "The models in our tests ranged from about 10 dollars to 350 dollars." They included studio-style headphones, which are good for listening to music at home, and portable ones, which are better on the go. Also tested - noise-canceling and noise-isolating earphones, which block outside noise to varying degrees.7706814
Consumer Reports' audio experts, who've tested hundreds of headphones, say you can't buy by brand. Jim Willcox "Monster's Beats by Dr. Dre headphones have done well in our tests. But one model, the "Solo," which costs about 180 dollars, didn't do as well. In fact it was one of the lowest-rated models we tested." But you don't have to pay for pricier celebrity headphones to get very good audio quality. These studio-style Sony PIIQ headphones are a Best Buy at just 35 dollars. If you prefer a portable set, these Sennheiser headphones are also a Best Buy at 40 dollars. They're model C-X-215. A plus - they reduce outside noise. ."
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests