A gym workout can feel great. But do you have to drag yourself to the gym to get one?
Two products - the $200 T-R-X and the Tower 200 from Body by Jake for 150 dollars - promise to give you an effective workout at home.
Consumer Reports rounded up 14 panelists to try them out.
"We had men and women of different ages, heights, and fitness levels work out with each product," said Nicole Sarrubbo of Consumer Reports.385168
The T-R-X uses your body weight as resistance with exercises that work your entire body.
Alternately, Tower 200 uses resistance bands and pulleys to get the job done. Each can be installed on almost any door in your home.
Both come with a workout DVD.
The T-R-X's 35-minute video has two variations of each exercise - one for beginners and another more advanced version.
"The exercises might be challenging for someone with limited strength, mobility, or flexibility," said Sarrubbo.
And some panelists initially complained about a T-R-X exercise where you have to put your feet in stirrups and flip to a plank or
With the Tower 200, some panelists complained that the bands rubbed against their bodies during some of the exercises.
Bottom line - the T-R-X and Tower 200 both deliver effective workouts. But Consumer Reports says the T-R-X has the edge.
"The T-R-X allows you to perform functional exercises at different skills or fitness levels simply by changing your body's position," said Sarrubbo.
And at just two pounds, it's easy to take with you wherever you go.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016