Champagne! Cocktails! Coffee drinks with whipped cream! They're part of many a holiday celebration. But Consumer Reports ShopSmart says you need to watch those liquid calories! "Having just a couple of holiday drinks can be the calorie equivalent of an entire meal." Take this Bailey's Irish Cream. It has more than 300 calories and 13 grams of fat. This hot buttered rum has close to 400 calories and almost 30 grams of sugars! And Starbucks' Venti Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha has 700 calories, 27 grams of fat, and 95 grams of sugars! Lisa Lee Freeman, "If you just have to have one of those sweet holiday coffee drinks, just skip the whipped cream and the whole milk.7707148
That'll save you 100 calories or more, not to mention all the fat and sugars." A good choice - Starbucks Grande Skinny Peppermint Mocha. It has just 140 calories and very little fat. And watch the alcohol. The calories can really add up. Lisa Lee Freeman, "Another way to cut back is simply to skip the creamy drinks and drinks with those sweet, syrupy mixers. And another trick is simply to add seltzer water or club soda."
This wine spritzer and this martini on the rocks both have zero grams of fat and less than 150 calories. Eggnog is a holiday tradition that can also be a real diet buster. A smart swap - Silk Nog. That way you can celebrate with less than half the fat! .."
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016