Champagne! Cocktails! Coffee drinks with whipped cream! They're part of many a holiday celebration. But Consumer Reports ShopSmart says you need to watch those liquid calories! "Having just a couple of holiday drinks can be the calorie equivalent of an entire meal." Take this Bailey's Irish Cream. It has more than 300 calories and 13 grams of fat. This hot buttered rum has close to 400 calories and almost 30 grams of sugars! And Starbucks' Venti Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha has 700 calories, 27 grams of fat, and 95 grams of sugars! Lisa Lee Freeman, "If you just have to have one of those sweet holiday coffee drinks, just skip the whipped cream and the whole milk.7707148
That'll save you 100 calories or more, not to mention all the fat and sugars." A good choice - Starbucks Grande Skinny Peppermint Mocha. It has just 140 calories and very little fat. And watch the alcohol. The calories can really add up. Lisa Lee Freeman, "Another way to cut back is simply to skip the creamy drinks and drinks with those sweet, syrupy mixers. And another trick is simply to add seltzer water or club soda."
This wine spritzer and this martini on the rocks both have zero grams of fat and less than 150 calories. Eggnog is a holiday tradition that can also be a real diet buster. A smart swap - Silk Nog. That way you can celebrate with less than half the fat! .."
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse