Stores are packed with cool electronics gear this time of year. But you want to be sure that what looks great on the shelf will make a good present! Even for those who use a phone to shoot videos, an action camera is a great gift. "The action camcorders can go where a phone cannot go. You can strap them to a helmet, for example, when you're biking or skiing and get live action shots of your outdoor sports." Consumer Reports recommends the 300-dollar GoPro Hero-Three. For movie lovers who want great sound in their living room, testers have the perfect solution - a sound bar. Carol Mangis "Flat screens don't always have the best sound; they're too flat to fit the speakers inside. So this is an external speaker that will give you much better sound for your television." Consumer Reports recommends the Sonos Playbar for 700 dollars. Wireless speakers are a great way to listen to the music on your devices. Consumer Reports recommends the TDK Life on Record for 150 dollars. And for people who want to stream media onto their TV … Carol Mangis "The Google Chromecast is a flash-drive-sized device. You just plug it into your TV's HDMI port and you can stream video straight to your TV." And best of all, the Google Chromecast is just 35 dollars! For the little one on your list, this 52-dollar turtle from Cloud B is a fun toy and also serves as a night-light as your child drifts off to dreamland."
All Consumer Reports Material Copyright ©2013 Consumers Union of U.S. Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Consumer Reports is published by Consumers Union. Both Consumer Reports and Consumers Union are not-for-profit organizations that accept no advertising. Neither has any commercial relationship with any advertiser or sponsor on this site.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse