Testers found that large-capacity dehumidifiers are generally more energy-efficient than
medium-capacity dehumidifiers, and they will cost you less per pint of water removed.
That's important because dehumidifiers use a lot of energy.
Testers also check how accurately dehumidifiers control the humidity in the room.
Comfortable settings are anywhere from 30 and 60 percent. If you suffer from allergies
or asthma, it's important to set the humidity levels on a dehumidifier between 40 and 50
Consumer Reports named the large-capacity Soleus Air SGDEH-702 a Best Buy. It
costs $225 and would be a very good choice for a large basement.
Complete Ratings and recommendations on all kinds of products, including appliances,
cars & trucks, and electronic gear, are available on Consumer Reports' website.
Subscribe to ConsumerReports.org.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.