Here's something you probably don't want to think about.... you'll flush a toilet more than 140-thousand times in your lifetime.
Flushing is a big concern to Consumer Reports' testers.
They've just finished evaluating dozens of toilets, including top-selling Kohlers.
And that's today's On Your Side.
The tests included dual-flush toilets. They have a lower volume flush for liquid waste.
Another water saver is a toilet that has the government's WaterSense label. Consumer
Reports says toilets that use less water can save you more than $90 a year on your
To see how well the toilets work, Consumer Reports flushed down a variety of objects,
including sponges and plastic balls. Although many Kohlers did well in that test, its
Devonshire K3488 left a lot behind! As for liquid waste, all of the toilets rated excellent.
Testers also measure noise, another problem with many toilets.
When all the tests were done, Consumer Reports named two Best Buys for $100 each,
the AquaSource AT1203-00 available at Lowe's, and the Glacier Bay N2316, a dual-
flush toilet sold at The Home Depot. And they both have the WaterSense label, so you'll
be conserving water and keeping your utility bills down.
Toilets come in two heights these days; the tallest are 17 inches high. Companies refer
to that as the "comfort height." Both of the toilets Consumer Reports recommend are
about 17 inches high.Toilets come in two heights these days - the tallest are 17 inches. Companies refer to this as the "comfort height."
Both of the toilets Consumer Reports recommend are about 17 inches high.
I'm Martha Koloski and that's today's On Your side.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge