"Popcorn's great. It's crunchy, it's salty, it's that perfect snack that fills you up without being too, too much." "It's perfect for movies, watching TV, and anytime you need a snack." "This popcorn, I'll probably be sitting in front of the TV tonight eating." Consumer Reports says there's good reason to love popcorn. "Popcorn is a popular snack because it can really satisfy your need to crunch. And because it's whole grain, it could be really healthy." But not all the popcorn Consumer Reports looked at scored a touchdown for taste. Pulling together a starting lineup? Reach for the top-rated cheese popcorn - White Cheddar, from Trader Joe's. It tastes excellent, with a nice mix of real cheddar and toasty corn flavors. If you're looking for sweet instead of savory, two kettle corns also rated excellent for taste. Smartfood has a great balance of sweetness and salt, while the Nice kettle corn from Walgreens tasted a little saltier. But be aware, added flavor can also mean added fat and calories. Linda Greene "You have to be careful with popcorns; some of them are not so healthy." But when it comes to taste, several popcorns can help you score on game day. ."
All Consumer Reports Material Copyright ©2014 Consumers Union of U.S. Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Consumer Reports is published by Consumers Union. Both Consumer Reports and Consumers Union are not-for-profit organizations that accept no advertising. Neither has any commercial relationship with any advertiser or sponsor on this site.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016