A nice, juicy hamburger or a hearty burrito could be just what you want to eat. But Consumer Reports' Tod Marks says you might want to think twice before stopping at some fast-food chains.
"We had our subscribers rate 53 restaurant chains for food quality, for service, and for value," says Marks.
In all, the Consumer Reports poll covered more than 98,000 visits to five types of fast-food chains.
"Some big-name restaurants didn't do so well because of low ratings for food quality," says Marks.
Those chains are McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, and KFC.189592
"McDonald's burgers rated the worst of all. And KFC was called out for being one of the slowest places to get 'fast' food," says Marks.
The pizza chains Little Caesars and Sbarro also had low scores for food.
"On the whole, some smaller chains got especially high marks for food quality, and they offered speedy and polite service that some of the bigger chains didn't match," says Marks.
Five Guys was one of the top-rated burger places. You can choose up to 15 toppings from its menu for free. Chick-fil-A, with its sandwiches, nuggets, and salads, came out on top for - you guessed it -- chicken.
"As for pizza chains, well, don't just go run off to the big names like Domino's or Pizza Hut. They got surprisingly low marks," says Marks.
"People found the service speedy and polite, and the food was highly rated," says Marks.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff