LA CROSSE, Wis. - Democrats have complained that the Republican-controlled Joint Finance Committee did not schedule enough hearings on the budget around the state.
That's why they've decided to host their own hearings in smaller communities like La Crosse.
There will be a hearing Monday night in La Crosse co-hosted by area Democratic lawmakers including State Representative Jill Billings, Steve Doyle, and state Senator Jennifer Shilling.19655382
The hearing will be from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. at the Hogan Administrative Center Gym located at 807 East Avenue South.
The public is encouraged to attend.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse