LA CRESCENT, Minn. (WKBT) - The summer road construction season begins in the next couple of weeks for the state of Minnesota.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation says roads in the south-eastern part of the state will experience an average amount of construction this season. Planned projects include resurfacing Highway 44 through Hokah, and Highway 16 to 61 through La Crescent.
Minnesota DOT officials say new pavement benefits everyone.
"New pavement when you're driving on it, it's like putting on a new pair of running shoes. There's just that nice feel, it's bouncy, it's light. You realize just how worn your old shoes were and how nice the new shoes are."
Other projects in our area include updating the historic highway 43 bridge that spans the Mississippi River in Winona.
You can find updated information on Minnesota highway projects at 511MN.org.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US