LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In honor of Earth Day, the Mayo Clinic is accepting old electronics for recycling.
Employees with the hospital spent the day collecting old computers, TVs and other electronics as part of its electronic waste drive.
It was originally scheduled to go on until 3 p.m. but after receiving an overwhelming number of items, organizers were forced to close up early.
All of the waste collected Saturday will be delivered to Dynamic Recycling where it will be broken down and recycled.
Organizers say electronic waste shouldn't be overlooked.
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Walker approval rating at highest level since October 2014
- Fireworks Recalled due to burn and injury hazards