LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In honor of this weekend's Earth Day, a local health provider will host a recycling event.
Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse will offer a free electronics waste and cell phone recycling site this Saturday. Anyone can bring in old electronics they are trying to get rid of.
Mayo officials say it's a good chance to dig through old and broken electronics.
"We want all your waste. I've been picking up from different sites all week and I know I've found stuff that's probably been buried for at least 10 years with the amount of dust and debris on things,” said Mayo Clinic Health System Director of Environmental Services Dave Bagniewski.
The electronics drop off site is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday. You can find it at 1109 Market Street, in Mayo Clinic's recycling building. The event is free and open to the public.
Donated cell phones also go to Safe Path, an organization providing assistance to domestic abuse victims.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US