LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local health provider is being recognized for its sustainability efforts.
Mayo Clinic Health System received the Partner for Change Award for improvements made to eliminate mercury, reduce waste, and improve recycling. Practice Greenhealth, a national organization dedicated to reducing the impact on the environment, chose Mayo as one of this year's recipients for the award.
Mayo's sustainability coordinator says the award is thanks to the hard work of Mayo employees
"It's very, very comprehensive and we were happy that there were multiple areas that we are really driving change and making good, sustainable choices,” said Mayo Clinic Health System Sustainability Coordinator Cindy Shireman.
Mayo's Rochester and Eau Claire campuses also received sustainability awards.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently