LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local health provider is being recognized for its sustainability efforts.
Mayo Clinic Health System received the Partner for Change Award for improvements made to eliminate mercury, reduce waste, and improve recycling. Practice Greenhealth, a national organization dedicated to reducing the impact on the environment, chose Mayo as one of this year's recipients for the award.
Mayo's sustainability coordinator says the award is thanks to the hard work of Mayo employees
"It's very, very comprehensive and we were happy that there were multiple areas that we are really driving change and making good, sustainable choices,” said Mayo Clinic Health System Sustainability Coordinator Cindy Shireman.
Mayo's Rochester and Eau Claire campuses also received sustainability awards.
- Rising Above the Flood: Historic storm hits La Crosse
- News 8 Highlight Zone - August 18, 2017
- Fire department concerned with sprinkler laws
- Mural-bearing building granted historic designation, demolition halted
- Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign begins
- More changes coming to Valley View Mall
- 7 River Alliance announce new leader
- Early morning single car crash in Genoa
- Legislature's budget committee resuming voting next week
- Wisconsin lawmakers introduce bill to relax mining rules