LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local band programs are benefiting from a music-filled run Saturday.
The first Blue Stars March 4 Music run invited the community to run a 5K through the Myrick Park Marsh Trials.
Throughout the course, Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps performers cheered runners on with musical performances.
A portion of the money raised from the event goes directly to area music programs.
"It's important to combine both the Drum Corps and the school activities, knowing how important music activities are and how funding seems to be less and less going to the schools these days,” race director Niki Furlano said. “This is a way to give back to the community and the kids in the community."
The Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps played a show after the race completed.
Any additional money raised from the race will go to support the Blue Stars on tour this summer.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off