MANKATO, Minn. (AP) - A standout student athlete at Minnesota State University Mankato has died in a highway crash with a semi.
The State Patrol says 22-year-old Jeffrey DeCock was killed in a collision on Highway 14 near his hometown of Lamberton Tuesday. The patrol says the semi was attempting to turn onto a gravel road when the collision occurred.
DeCock, a track and field standout, was a Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference champion in the high jump. He had qualified for the NCAA Division II national meet last year and placed first at the NSIC Indoor Championships.
The driver of the semi was not seriously injured.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently