TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (WKBT) - Police in Trempealeau say the man whose body was found in the Mississippi River Monday morning took his own life.
The body of David M. Hanson of Holmen was found just before 8 a.m. Monday near the boat dock at the Trempealeau Lock and Dam. There were no abandoned boats in the area and no missing person reports filed before the incident.
An autopsy was conducted in Madison with the Dane County Medical Examiner ruling the cause of death a suicide.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record