DODGE COUNTY, Wis. - The Dodge County Sheriff's Office said they've arrested a man after he allegedly drove away from a traffic stop, dragging a deputy along with him.
Officials say that a sheriff's lieutenant was treated for minor injuries and has been released from the hospital.
Deputies say Matthew Ellcey, 22, was stopped on State Highway 49 near Shamrock Road in the town of Chester at 11:40 p.m. Tuesday.
He then allegedly drove off from that scene, leading deputies on a chase into Waupun.
Deputies say Ellcey lost control of his vehicle and crashed near the intersection of East Main Street and South Watertown Street. He allegedly ran away from the scene. Deputies say they later found him at a residence in Waupun.
Ellcey is being held on tentative charges of fleeing an officer and obstructing an officer causing injury.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire