DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A man accused of killing his parents in Davenport will be undergoing a mental health evaluation.
Court records say a judge granted a defense motion last week for 21-year-old Sean Freese. He's pleaded not guilty to two counts of first-degree murder. Authorities say he shot to death 58-year-old Kevin Freese and 57-year-old Donna Freese on Oct. 5 at the home they shared.
Sean Freese's trial is scheduled to begin Oct. 2, assuming he is found competent for trial. He remains jailed pending $1 million bail.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off