LA CROSSE, Wis. - A long-time department store in the Valley View Mall closed its doors for the last time Sunday.
Macy's, which has been an anchor store at the mall since 1980, closed for good Sunday.
The company announced back in January that it would close 68 stores to save money.
The store originally opened as Dayton's, then Marshal Field's and finally Macy's back in 2006.
As of two weeks ago, mall officials were still working on what will replace the store.
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- Some school performance reports called into question
- Wisconsin National Guard squadron welcomed home after landing in Volk Field
- Grant allows school reading program to continue, expand
- Past SNL performers, staff sign statement supporting Franken
- Minn. turkeys seeking Thanksgiving pardon must strut stuff
- Community weighs in on improvement projects in La Crescent
- Winona County, conservation groups celebrate decision to uphold frac sand ban
- Gubernatorial candidate Mitchell makes campaign stop in La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up-November 20, 2017