LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local businesses and residents impacted by this year's heavy rainfalls and flooding will soon be able to apply for low-interest loans at special disaster centers.
The disaster loans are available through the US Small Business Administration for La Crosse and surrounding counties affected by July's flooding. To make the application process smoother, Disaster Loan Outreach Centers are being set up in La Crosse and Trempealeau Counties.
"It's case-by-case, so whatever your circumstances are, your ability to borrow money from other lenders, that takes into consideration, so you can get these super low-interest loans from SBA. For many people it really is a godsend,” said La Crosse County Emergency Management Coordinator Keith Butler.
The Disaster Loan Outreach Centers are opening tomorrow in La Crosse and Galesville.
Small Business Administration Representatives will be available at both locations to answer questions and help with the application process.
You can find more information on the disaster loans at the SBA's website.
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- Minnesota State considers changing tuition policy
- Watt brothers' Badgers bobblehead unveiled
- Receptionist's family sues over fatal Minnesota school blast
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater
- Uncertainty reigns ahead of new health care sign-up period