LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse high school students Wednesday are getting a look at summer employment opportunities.
The La Crosse Promise Future Centers hosted a Summer Jobs Fair at Logan High School. Career experts from UW-La Crosse were also on hand, giving students tips on job interviews and workplace etiquette.
Job fair organizers say early employment experience can help students look at future possibilities.
"Allows our students to have some responsibility, experience is huge, working in different areas hopefully in areas that they like, that they might want to pursue a career in the future. Other than that, just having that experience, having references, really helps when it comes time for them to figure out what they want to do after high school,” said La Crosse Promise Center Advisor Andrew Lam.
La Crosse Promise Future Centers will host another job fair next Wednesday at Central High School.
- Winona police department looking to add community outreach officers
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Outgoing Western president Lee Rasch reflects on legacy