LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse high school students Wednesday are getting a look at summer employment opportunities.
The La Crosse Promise Future Centers hosted a Summer Jobs Fair at Logan High School. Career experts from UW-La Crosse were also on hand, giving students tips on job interviews and workplace etiquette.
Job fair organizers say early employment experience can help students look at future possibilities.
"Allows our students to have some responsibility, experience is huge, working in different areas hopefully in areas that they like, that they might want to pursue a career in the future. Other than that, just having that experience, having references, really helps when it comes time for them to figure out what they want to do after high school,” said La Crosse Promise Center Advisor Andrew Lam.
La Crosse Promise Future Centers will host another job fair next Wednesday at Central High School.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US