LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local branch of a national nonprofit is looking for volunteers to help service members coming to our area.
La Crosse's United Service Organizations, or USO, is hoping to gain about 40 volunteers.
Volunteers help service members by staffing the USO lounge at the La Crosse Airport and providing insight into the La Crosse area.
"A volunteer would have to be someone who is patriotic, is welcoming and open, a happy person, kind of laid-back and easy-going. But somebody who really understands how important a cup of coffee and a granola bar is to our soldiers,” said USO Wisconsin Operations Director Elizabeth Hazlett.
USO officials say some volunteers would also be able to help in training missions at Fort McCoy.
If you are interested in volunteering, you can find out how at www.USOWisconsin.org.
- La Crosse Mayor, Shelby Town Board Chair present boundary agreement
- La Crosse realtors fight to preserve former Maid-Rite building
- Juvenile prison employees described chaotic environment
- Wisconsin lawmaker's daughter charged in opioid death
- Trempealeau DA responds to letter sent to Walker
- FBI human trafficking sting saves 2 Wisconsin children
- DNR board to consider ATV, motorcycle trails in state forest
- News 8 Sports Round Up - October 20, 2017
- 'Field of Screams' takes over Copeland Park
- Hunger Task Force gets big donation