LA CROSSE, WI - The YWCA of La Crosse wants to honor women making a difference in our community.
Since 1982, the organization has hosted its 'Tribute to Outstanding Women,' where dozens of women were honored for work eliminating racism and empowering women.
Right now, the YWCA is looking for nominees to be recognized.
Ruthann Schultz, the interim director, hopes to receive several nominations for women from many walks of life.
"We're hoping to get nominations from businesses, corporations, form non-profit organizations; anyone can nominate a woman," says Schultz.
Nominations are due September 18, and can be found at the YWCA's website.
The 'Tribute to Outstanding Women' banquet is November 14.21411680
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure