LA CROSSE, WI - The YWCA of La Crosse wants to honor women making a difference in our community.
Since 1982, the organization has hosted its 'Tribute to Outstanding Women,' where dozens of women were honored for work eliminating racism and empowering women.
Right now, the YWCA is looking for nominees to be recognized.
Ruthann Schultz, the interim director, hopes to receive several nominations for women from many walks of life.
"We're hoping to get nominations from businesses, corporations, form non-profit organizations; anyone can nominate a woman," says Schultz.
Nominations are due September 18, and can be found at the YWCA's website.
The 'Tribute to Outstanding Women' banquet is November 14.21411680
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser