LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - There's an affordable option for girls trying to find a prom dress this year.
The YWCA of La Crosse is once again running an Orange Door Prom Dress Store on 3rd Street in downtown La Crosse. Doors open this Saturday.
A number of businesses and people in the community donate dresses to the store where dresses are sold for no more than $50.
"As you know, prom can be very expensive, girls spend upwards to $5-6-700 on a dress, and not every girl can do that. So we wanted to give girls an opportunity to be able to afford a dress and go to prom," said Tracie Stinson, Teen Services Director at the YWCA.
The store is run by teens in the program and the money raised goes into two of the YWCA's programs. Doors open at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student