LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Young musicians from all over the area showed off their skills Sunday.
The La Crosse Area Youth Symphony held their spring concert at Onalaska High School. Young musicians from 8 to 18 performed classical music as well as some contemporary songs.
The concert is the culmination of a lot of hard work and time put in by the kids. "My favorite thing is when students will say I didn't actually think that I could accomplish anything this good," says Artistic Director Randall Mastin, "and are able to put something together that's really exciting and is more than they thought was possible."
The concert featured musicians from just about every high school in the area.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns