LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Young musicians from all over the area showed off their skills Sunday.
The La Crosse Area Youth Symphony held their spring concert at Onalaska High School. Young musicians from 8 to 18 performed classical music as well as some contemporary songs.
The concert is the culmination of a lot of hard work and time put in by the kids. "My favorite thing is when students will say I didn't actually think that I could accomplish anything this good," says Artistic Director Randall Mastin, "and are able to put something together that's really exciting and is more than they thought was possible."
The concert featured musicians from just about every high school in the area.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016