MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's youth deer hunt is set to begin next month.
The statewide hunt is set to run from Saturday, Oct. 6, through Sunday, Oct. 7. Children between the ages of 10 and 15 who haven't completed a hunter's safety course can hunt with a mentor within arm's reach. Kids between the ages of 12 and 15 who have finished hunter's safety can hunt with an adult who stays within visual and voice contact.
The state Department of Natural Resources has held a youth hunt since 2009.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death