MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's youth deer hunt is set to begin next month.
The statewide hunt is set to run from Saturday, Oct. 6, through Sunday, Oct. 7. Children between the ages of 10 and 15 who haven't completed a hunter's safety course can hunt with a mentor within arm's reach. Kids between the ages of 12 and 15 who have finished hunter's safety can hunt with an adult who stays within visual and voice contact.
The state Department of Natural Resources has held a youth hunt since 2009.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US