LA CROSSE, WI - Future chefs picked up some new skills this week at UW La Crosse.
Ten kids from he area are taking part in the hands-on culinary academy.
Together with the campus's executive chefs and registered dietitian, they're learning kitchen safety and etiquette all while making some tasty treats.
"They're making croissants from starch and a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and a chocolate ganache filling," says Nicole Zitzner, marketing manager for UW-L dining services.
During the week they also made a meal for their parents featuring bruschetta and chicken marsala.
They also prepared the tables where the adults ate.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners