LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - While some people were up early waiting for the Maple Leaf Parade, others were up celebrating Oktoberfest with a little exercise.
The YMCA's 17th annual Maple Leaf Walk Run was held Saturday morning.
Runners and walkers got to travel the famous Maple Leaf parade route hours before the start of the parade and finished at Riverside park.
Organizers say YMCA's goals resonate with the community.
"I think people just love the YMCA and love to give back to the community. And one thing about this race is that all of the proceeds support our annual campaign. So that allows us fund such key programs in our community and I think people really buy into that," Shawn Mcclone, YMCA community and special events director said.
The run and walk feature four different races, including a 5 mile run and a 13 mile half marathon.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday