ONALASKA, WI (WKBT) - The Onalaska YMCA is helping people stick to their New Year's Resolution of staying healthy.
More than 400 people took part in the "New Year's Resolution" 5K Run-Walk this morning.
It's an annual part of the Winter Run-Walk Series at the Onalaska YMCA.
Organizers say the event is a great way to way for people to say motivated during the winter months.
But the Resolution 5K doesn't just keep the community stay healthy. it also gives people the chance to take part in some of the YMCA'S programs.
"The races today benefit our strong kids campaign, also known as our annual campaign," said community director Travis Pernsteiner. "It raises money for those who need help attending the Y in general for financial memberships."
Organizers hope to raise about $16,000 from the three winter races.23778148
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay