LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The melting snow means yard work is right around the corner.
To help, the city is opening their yard waste drop off site starting Monday. Residents can drop off everything from grass clippings to plants and shrubs at no charge.
There is a change this year, the city will no longer have curb side pickup of yard waste. "Residents, if they choose to have curbside collection" said Recycling Coordinator Brandon Shea, "they'd have to contact Harters to get that service whether they want it weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, there would be a one-time fee of $20 to get the can dropped off to them."
The yard waste drop off site is located on Isle la Plume. It will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on week days and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends.
It will remain open daily through November 21st.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants
- Minnesota residents help homeless man
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm