LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The melting snow means yard work is right around the corner.
To help, the city is opening their yard waste drop off site starting Monday. Residents can drop off everything from grass clippings to plants and shrubs at no charge.
There is a change this year, the city will no longer have curb side pickup of yard waste. "Residents, if they choose to have curbside collection" said Recycling Coordinator Brandon Shea, "they'd have to contact Harters to get that service whether they want it weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, there would be a one-time fee of $20 to get the can dropped off to them."
The yard waste drop off site is located on Isle la Plume. It will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on week days and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends.
It will remain open daily through November 21st.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners