BRICE PRAIRIE, Wis. - It's a full weekend of bicycle races with a focus on more than just taking home the gold.
The YMCA's Y Cycle Weekend is bringing out about 140 competitors for a number of races.
Saturday was the Brice Prairie Time Trial.
Athletes take off on a 26-mile course, racing against the clock.
All the proceeds of the event go toward the Y's Strong Kids Campaign and conservation efforts in the Brice Prairie area.20774472
Organizers said it's a great way to help people appreciate the beauty in our community.
"We want our community members to get involved," said Gretchen Johnson, race director. "This is a great space that I don't think a lot of our community members know about, and so just keeping this place clean and keeping it healthy and making sure people are aware of what this place has to offer (is important)."
The racing will continue Sunday with a competitive and noncompetitive 30-mile race.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration