BRICE PRAIRIE, Wis. - It's a full weekend of bicycle races with a focus on more than just taking home the gold.
The YMCA's Y Cycle Weekend is bringing out about 140 competitors for a number of races.
Saturday was the Brice Prairie Time Trial.
Athletes take off on a 26-mile course, racing against the clock.
All the proceeds of the event go toward the Y's Strong Kids Campaign and conservation efforts in the Brice Prairie area.20774472
Organizers said it's a great way to help people appreciate the beauty in our community.
"We want our community members to get involved," said Gretchen Johnson, race director. "This is a great space that I don't think a lot of our community members know about, and so just keeping this place clean and keeping it healthy and making sure people are aware of what this place has to offer (is important)."
The racing will continue Sunday with a competitive and noncompetitive 30-mile race.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure