LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Xcel Energy has restored power to about 2,280 customers in Chippewa Falls and Tilden area Friday morning who were without power for more than three hours.
Trees on the power line caused the outage that began at about 5:45 a.m., Xcel Energy said.
About 1,000 customers are still without power in the Chippewa Valley and surrounding area. Crews from Rice Lake, Hudson, Amery and La Crosse are assisting local linemen.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city
- Fresh snow possible for American Birkebeiner
- U of Iowa eliminating some scholarships as part of cutbacks
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race