LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Xcel Energy has restored power to about 2,280 customers in Chippewa Falls and Tilden area Friday morning who were without power for more than three hours.
Trees on the power line caused the outage that began at about 5:45 a.m., Xcel Energy said.
About 1,000 customers are still without power in the Chippewa Valley and surrounding area. Crews from Rice Lake, Hudson, Amery and La Crosse are assisting local linemen.
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable