LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Xcel Energy has restored power to about 2,280 customers in Chippewa Falls and Tilden area Friday morning who were without power for more than three hours.
Trees on the power line caused the outage that began at about 5:45 a.m., Xcel Energy said.
About 1,000 customers are still without power in the Chippewa Valley and surrounding area. Crews from Rice Lake, Hudson, Amery and La Crosse are assisting local linemen.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.