LA CROSSE, WI - The hot weather has people running their air conditioning overtime.
Xcel Energy says they are running well over what they normally do, but they haven't reached peak capacity yet.
They encourage people to close their shades in the day to keep the sun from heating up their homes and run a ceiling fan if you have it. You can also bump up your thermostat a couple of degrees to cut your energy bill.
Xcel understands people are going to do what they can to stay cool and they are ready for it.
"Right now the system is performing well, we don't have any major outages, we don't anticipate anything but we do have during these times we have extra crews on stand by and we monitor our system 24-hours a day through our dispatch systems," said Mike Herro of Xcel Energy.21030512
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion