EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - Xcel Energy is looking to increase its rates for 2015.
The company filed an application Friday to increase electric rates by about three percent. A typical customer would see an increase of about three dollars a month.
Xcel says the additional money would be used in the transmission system, new wind power and power plant upgrades. It's also in preparation for anticipated fuel and power cost increases.
This is one of the lowest rate increases requested by the company in recent years.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting