EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - Xcel Energy is looking to increase its rates for 2015.
The company filed an application Friday to increase electric rates by about three percent. A typical customer would see an increase of about three dollars a month.
Xcel says the additional money would be used in the transmission system, new wind power and power plant upgrades. It's also in preparation for anticipated fuel and power cost increases.
This is one of the lowest rate increases requested by the company in recent years.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer