LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Upcoming storms aren't expected to be strong enough to take down power lines, but if they do, Xcel Energy says you should stay away from them.
Even if the lines are not sparking, Xcel says they could still be live.
Last week, a 30-year old Rhinelander man was taken to the hospital in serious condition after getting too close to a downed line.
Xcel says the line doesn't even have to be down to be dangerous, and it's always better to be safe than sorry.
"If you suspect a line is hanging lower, hanging on a tree, or on a house that wasn't before, just give us a call and we'll come and check that out," said Mike Herro of Xcel Energy.
You can call Xcel at 1-800-895-4999.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death