HILLSBORO, Wis. - Hillsboro police arrested a 41-year-old woman for allegedly selling prescription drugs out of her home.
The arrest came after police noticed suspicious activity in the 100 block of Madison Street in the City of Hillsboro on March 1.
With the help of the Vernon County Sheriff's Office, Zackary Sims, 20, of Hillsboro, was arrested on several charges, including underage drinking, possession of a controlled substance, child pornography, and obstructing an officer and a probation violation.
After further investigation, police arrested Ellen Townsend, 41, of Hillsboro, on March 4. Townsend is facing several charges, including seven counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and one count of obstructing an officer. Police say Townsend had been selling prescription drugs out of her home.
The investigation continues and police say there may be more charges filed on other suspects.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial