HILLSBORO, Wis. - Hillsboro police arrested a 41-year-old woman for allegedly selling prescription drugs out of her home.
The arrest came after police noticed suspicious activity in the 100 block of Madison Street in the City of Hillsboro on March 1.
With the help of the Vernon County Sheriff's Office, Zackary Sims, 20, of Hillsboro, was arrested on several charges, including underage drinking, possession of a controlled substance, child pornography, and obstructing an officer and a probation violation.
After further investigation, police arrested Ellen Townsend, 41, of Hillsboro, on March 4. Townsend is facing several charges, including seven counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and one count of obstructing an officer. Police say Townsend had been selling prescription drugs out of her home.
The investigation continues and police say there may be more charges filed on other suspects.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes